Wednesday, April 11, 2007

If Darwin and God had a fight who would win?
This is a question my friend just posed to me.

And I have no answer. Mostly because the question is ridiculous.

However, if one were writing an essay on Charles V.S. The Great One and their argument was swayed towards Darwin and the writer was struck by lightening whilst writing, would this put the fear of God into them?

I also have no idea as to this answer. If anyone knows someone who has been struck by lightening whilst debating whether we all came from the pointy fingers of God I would kill to meet them. Then point and laugh.

Personally, I side with Darwin. How else do you account for the blindingly obvious?

CANNES in a VAN is approaching still, as it always is, what with time being quite a forward moving thing and whoever Gail is, yeah you, who posted a comment…

If you can get us equipment from your friends then that would be supremely cool. Please email me at Jamie_courtenay_grimwood@hotmail.com about this. We would happily take them up on this and in exchange play their music at Cannes from said equipment. If they are good, getting them gigs is also quite easy…

If anyone else wants to email me any crap then please do not, otherwise I will be forced to find you through the medium of your IP address and eat you alive. Unless it is good stuff about your films or gigs, in which case go for it.

Also, this said person also claims to perhaps have a film. This is the general idea of said CANNES in a VAN project, if you anyone out there has a brilliant genius amazing film of glorious joy, send it our way. It makes me happy that people are catching onto the general idea; Cannes is impending… so bring it to us!

Last night I went to see ‘300’; as a huge Frank Miller (comic-book overlord) fan, I was happily surprised to find that the cinematic rendition of his work made me want a spear as much as the graphic novel did. If I had a spear, I am sure some things would be easier. Settling arguments for instance.

‘300’ (seemingly loosely) loosely based on the Battle of Thermopylae, is possibly one of the best or worst films I have ever seen. I have no idea which.

It should probably be called ‘7301’, because the Spartans fought with 7000 other dudes, plus their king, Leonidas.

That said, the Spartans seemed to be a pretty tight crew.
They had a lot of respect for one another. It made me smile.
The totally unexpected ten second bouts of power metal throughout the film also helped.

I still want a spear.
I want one with CANNES in a VAN written on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know, sometimes (well today), i wish i'd gone to see it too. but i'm not so sure i was up for bulging torso pecs of joy last night. x