Tuesday, May 20, 2008

From Cannes to Eternity

Afternoon Monday 19th May 2008

Andy is currently being filmed by some BBC press! They are staying on our campsite and have driven up to our caravan in the... of the campsite. They've been firing questions at him and are now peering onto the depths of the van with their camera and Andy is explaining how a batterred old transit van manages to screen films all evening - with the aid of some boat batteries, a dvd player, a projector, laptop and speakers. I am hiding on some steps. I'm still struggling with the concept of being filmed by Stu and Andy for our podcasts and films for Daily Motion on the Internet, let alone by a hulking great camera filming footage for TV.

Today has been marginally more chilled, or maybe it is just that I am getting used to the preparation we need to do and settling into my role. I spent the morning cutting out flyers our on decked patio, whilst Stu was busy in our editing suite (my room) creating magic.

It's so peaceful up here in the hills. Such a contrast from the craziness of Cannes, full of flash cars, plastic people and advertising on every window, wall and available space. As much as it has been a pain to find the place each evening (although we now finallly have the route tapped!), I don't think I could stand to be staying in Cannes. It's too crazy. It already feels like I have been here for an eternity and there is still 5 days left. Time doesn't make sense here. The day flies by, and yet we have only been here 4 days. I thought maybe it was just the nature of what we are doing, but everyone i have spoken to feels the same.

Really excited about tonight. Last night was wicked. Not just 'cause we saw some famous people but becuase we had a great audience and lots of encouraging feedback. It's what it's all about. Feeling so lucky to be part of it all.

Cath xxx

1 comment:

dee said...

be interesting to see what Cannes is like out of season, a bit of faded seaside glamour I suppose. Like the glitzy nightclub once the lights come up :-)