Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday morning blues

12.15pm Saturday 17th May 2008

The rain just doesn't stop. I've just woken up after my first horizontal sleep since Tuesday and by far the longest sleep I've had in over a week - 9 hours right through. Without a laptop or internet connection it's quite difficult to write my blog so Ive taken to writing in a clairefontaine notebook - feeling a little pretentious with my chosen favoured notebook for scribing in, like Chatwin and Van Gough with their moleskins, but hey, I'm in Cannes afterall.

I'm also feeling pretty useless right now. I did none of the driving, I've never used a camera before, I'm not tech savy and I've been so unbelievably tired that I haven't been able to function properly. Last night, on the way back from the Croisette, I couldn't keep my eyes open to help navigate Andy back to our campsite. I'm aware that everyone might be wondering why on earth I'm here. In my guilt I have offered to do the cleaning qnd cooking to qt least relieve some of the stress - though it is nothing compared to driving across France, on the hop editing, worrying if we will be qble to park on the Croisette each evening and if it is going to be possible to launch Green on Screen International, Andy's new project. Hopefully this is just morning blues. And if the sun was shining I might be feeling altogether different....

No comments: