Friday, May 02, 2008

Less than 2 weeks!!!!!!

Less than two weeks to go now! Things have been mega busy. We now have a full team of Cannes in a Vanners! A couple of weeks ago we held some 'interviews' and are going to be joined by Stuart, underwater filming extrordinair, normally based in Thailand, and Janus, a Polish Cannes veteran who's going to be helping out whilst we're down there. Two very interesting characters who will no doubt bring a lot to the trip. We had our first meeting all together on Monday and had a good brain storming session, followed by one too many drinks, and on to a party in Soho with some filmy people - on a Monday night!!!

There's been a lot of interest from various companies and press which is marvellous. All shall be revealed soon. Suffice to say, it's pretty exciting stuff! And our little Facebook group is growing steadily, and lots of praise and admiration has been flooding in. Andy has been beavering away, flinging emails off to various people. Unfortuantely I have been struck down by oven glove disasters at work over the last couple of weeks which has taken up a lot of my time, hence have not been updating my blog as much as I have wanted to, but, we are nearly through the silicone mountain and I will be furiously blogging from now on in.

My Cannes transformation is starting to take shape. Having eaten nothing but couscous and vegetables, with the odd bagel thrown in, my jeans definitely feel a little roomier. I'm getting my haircut by barnet king, and friend of mine, Stacey, tomorrow morning (for the first time since the beginning of September, much to his and my horror). Sit-ups start in earnest next week and I dare say a little 'sun' might pass my way before we cross the channel...

Can't believe it is a week and a half 'til we go. Time has flown by so quickly and there is still oodles to do. I had a dry run at tunnels the other day. I drove through the Blackwall tunnel - alone! Slight hyperventilations along the way but I got through it, and more importantly, got through the other side!

We'll be having a big send off party on the night we leave (Weds 14th), details to follow shortly...

Sponsorship and help always welcome by the way everyone!

Speak soon xxxxxxx

No comments: